Safe & Well
Our commitment to you
We are now open for accommodation and breakfast, and our restaurant will reopen to residents and non-residents on Tuesday 28th July. We will reopen our bar and lounges to non-residents as soon as we can.
The safety and well-being of our guests, our team, our business partners and the wider community are our absolute priority. We have responded to the challenges brought to us all by COVID-19, with a package of measures to ensure your safety and peace of mind.
- For the time being, we will offer a reduced number of bedrooms. This will give everyone a little more space when moving around the hotel, and will give us extra time for deep-cleaning in between guests.
- Our housekeeping team are receiving additional training, equipment and supplies, to allow them to clean and sanitise rooms and public areas to the highest standards. In public areas, we will be cleaning even more frequently and thoroughly than before, and we have management systems in place to ensure that we keep on top of this.
- We are currently offering a substantial continental breakfast selection, and will reintroduce our traditional full Devon Breakfast from Tuesday 28th July. Your breakfast will be served in our bright and spacious Gallery 26 (or in your room if you prefer).
- We will be offering lunches and evening meals from Tuesday 28th July, and we would ask you to book your table in advance on 01822 613221.
- We work with a range of highly respected suppliers, most of them very local, and we are working with them to ensure the safety and integrity of all our supplies coming into the hotel.
- Social distancing has become a new “norm” for us all, and we ask you to maintain social distancing within the hotel, for everyone’s safety.
- We’re not accepting cash at this time – just credit and debit cards (contactless where possible).
Whilst many things are different right now, our team is here to provide our famously warm welcome. Every team member receives the additional training, equipment and supplies required to serve you safely and to look after their own safety – and of course to ensure that you have an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us.
Book with Confidence
We know that, more than ever, plans can change right now, and we ask you not to visit if anyone in your party has any COVID symptoms. When you book direct with us, you can cancel without penalty, whatever the reason, up until 72 hours before arrival. If anyone in your party develops COVID symptoms within 72 hours of your booked arrival, of course we would still ask you not to visit, and to contact us to rearrange your booking.